Extension developer terms
Extiverse is a platform, we are not responsible for quality, timing or legality of extensions.
We may sometimes make changes to these terms. If we make material changes that adversely affect your rights under these terms, then we will let you know by posting an announcement on the site or sending you an email prior to the changes coming into effect. Continuing to use Extiverse after a change to these terms means you accept the new terms.
When you create a team you must provide us with accurate information. You are responsible for your account and team.
You must have a valid Stripe account connected to your Extiverse account. Modifications without our consent to plans and subscriptions managed by Extiverse on your Stripe account will result in an immediate termination of your Extiverse account, teams and services.
You have to have read and agreed to the Stripe Connected Account terms.
Extensions are packages that provide additional functionality to a Flarum forum installation. Developer teams are able to publish their (private) packages as extensions through our marketplace.
We will access your private repositories once you've connected our platform to your version control software. This connection is set up using OAuth, meaning you grant us access to specific functionality of your version control software through scopes. The scopes (permissions) we request are the bare minimum to offer the simplest tooling for premium extension developers. We are authorized to share this authorization with third party providers, including packagist.com, as they provide an important layer of the premium extensions infrastructure.
Extensions can be offered via our platform against a subscription plan. These extensions are called "premium" or "paid" extensions.
By offering premium extensions via Extiverse you represent that you are legally entitled to grant us the right to sell on your behalf. If someone else (in your team) has rights to intellectual property that you publish on our platform, you represent that you have received permission to do so.
By offering premium extensions via Extiverse you commit to keeping these extensions well maintained. This effectively means that you:
- Upgrade extensions to be compatible with newer Flarum versions within four weeks.
- Resolve security issues within two weeks of having been found.
- Resolve major bugs within eight weeks.
Unless valid reasons for delays are clearly communicated ahead of these deadlines, not abiding to these terms allows Extiverse to cancel subscriptions of the extension and/or payments from subscriptions beyond the deadline to be refunded.
To best protect your software, we recommend you to license your premium extension as "proprietary".
- By publishing your premium extension on Extiverse you grant us the right of resale and use.
- By offering subscriptions of your premium plan on Extiverse you grant subscribers the right of use on any number of Flarum communities owned or managed by the user.
In order to stimulate the adoption of your premium extensions, we bundle all translation files of premium extensions for translation purposes.
- It is recommended to make your premium extensions translatable by offering at least the English translation keys.
- Although your premium extension can be published under any license, including our recommendation "proprietary", the translation files will be seen as licensed under MIT.
- By keeping premium extensions published on Extiverse, you accept that we and third parties use and republish these translation files and derivatives for translation purposes.
We hold the right to withdraw or completely remove extensions temporarily or permanently from our marketplace and all related product and services. Availability of extensions on our marketplace cannot be guaranteed.
The following reasons exist for withdrawing or removing an extension:
- Quality is below adequate and no attempts were made for improvement.
- No unique features.
- Fork of an existing extension.
- No longer maintained.
- Also offered elsewhere or publicly (for free).
- Breach of intellectual property.
As the owner of a premium package, you have complete freedom at choosing how to price your extension.
For promotional purposes we are allowed to give selected individuals unpaid access to your premium extensions for any duration. In addition Extiverse and the Flarum development team (members) always have access to any extension published in this way.
Premium platform providers
We are allowed to authorize premium platform providers, like Blomstra LTD, to install premium extensions, including private listed ones.
Premium platform providers:
- Allow use of premium extensions for each single client only with an active subscription from Extiverse.
- Do not modify the premium extension or its license.
- Act as an intermediary in providing support to their clients and the premium extension developer.
We reserve a fixed percentage of all your income to run and improve Extiverse.
You are responsible for providing support for the extensions published through Extiverse. Users subscribed to your extensions expect a higher level of service, which we will not and are in no way required to provide.
You are obligated to provide information on how to get support inside the
file of your extension and inside the
"supports" key of the
You are obligated to provide support to anyone with an active subscription. Subscribers to a lifetime plan have a right to a two-year support period.
In case clients escalate issues we deem valid, we are allowed to share any and all contact information we have on file or through connected services of you, team members and/or your team. We are also allowed to refund payments from validly reported complaints.
Extensions and content you provide should not breach our terms, which include the user or privacy terms.
Whenever an extension is reported to breach our terms, we will investigate the extension. In case the extension does not comply we will immediately remove it from our servers and terminate all ties to the developer team.
Dutch law, excluding its conflict of law provisions, governs these terms and all other Extiverse policies. If a lawsuit does arise, both parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the Netherlands.
© 2023 Hyn by Daniël "Luceos" Klabbers. All rights reserved. · Extensions and extension information is provided by the respective (copyright holding) authors. · Extiverse is not affiliated to the Flarum project or Flarum foundation. · Images on Extiverse pages are from Unsplash.